Tuesday, February 1, 2011

So why DID I move here from Cincinnati?

So what made you move all the way out here from Cincinnati?  If I’ve heard that question once I’ve heard it – well at least DOZENS of times. 

First let me say I was born a small town girl – I grew up in Winchester, Ohio which is an even SMALLER town than Hillsboro.  For those of you who remember the old TV series The Andy Griffith Show, Winchester is Mayberry.  By comparison Hillsboro is Mt. Pilot.  Like many small town girls I couldn’t wait to move to the big city.  Oddly enough the very things that made me seek city living in my younger years – everything moved so fast, there were so many people, there was always something going on, no one knows me – were the very things that made me want to leave as the age of 50 reared it’s ugly head. 

The yearning for a slower, more down-to-earth way of life combined with my love of history, and the search for a new home was on.  As it turned out a beautiful historic home in Hillsboro could be purchased for the same price as your basic brick ranch in Cincinnati.  I ended up living here:

In the last five years, I’ve met numerous people who have found contentment here in the hills of southern Ohio.  In posts to follow I’ll be introducing them and their stories.  If you’d like to tell YOUR story, get in touch, or at the very least leave your comments.

One last confession – at least a part of starting this blog is to advertise the fact that I’m a real estate agent at Real Living Classic Real Estate.  Are you looking for a dream home of your own?  If so, you know who to call.

No comments:

Post a Comment